Note: Ensure that no children have allergies to the
ingredients before proceeding with this activity.
* 1/4 cup honey * 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
* 1/2 cup peanut butter * 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1 cup uncooked rolled oats or 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
What to Do
1. Talk with the children about honey, about what a tasty treat it is. Explain to the
children that honey comes from bees.
2. With the children, mix the first four ingredients well, and then knead by hand
3. Shape this mixture into 1" balls.
4. Roll the honey milk balls in coconut. This should make two dozen.
5. Enjoy the snack together.
More To Do
* Add apples: Cut the number of apples you wish to use into slices. Place on a
plate with individual cups of honey for each person. Just dip the apples into
the honey and eat. This is a special treat during the Jewish High Holy Days.
Five Little Flowers by Cookie Zingarelli
Five little flowers And picked one flower,
Planted in the garden. Now there are four.
A long came _____________, (insert a child's name)
Repeat the verse, reducing the number of flowers until there are none.
Consider the following:
* Are the children able to work together and follow the recipe to make the
honey milk balls?
* Do the children indicate an understanding that honey comes from bees?