Make this Father’s Day special with this homemade card from 101 Great Gifts Kids Can Make.
Father’s Day is right around the corner. Help your child celebrate dad, grandpa, or any other father figure in their life with this simple, yet fun activity that they are sure to love.
Polka-Dot Frame Card
Use pencils and paint to decorate this keepsake card.
- 8½” x 11” sheet of card stock
- Shallow plastic containers
- Unsharpened pencils with erasers
- Photo (at least 3½“ x 5” in size)
- Paint – various colors
- Prepare the frame cards by folding the card stock in half to create 8½” x 5½” cards. Cut a 3½” x 3½” square or circle in the center of the front of the card.
- Select your favorite photo with your dad, grandpa or father figure to use!
- Place a sponge in each shallow container, and pour in a small amount of paint. Place one pencil, eraser side down in each container.
- Use the eraser ends of the pencils dipped in paint to print dots on the front and back of the card stock.
- After the paint dries, tape the photo on the inside of the card, positioning the picture so that it shows through the frame in the front of the card.
- Write a special message for the intended recipient on the card.
- If card stock is not readily available, use construction paper or poster board instead.
- Washable inkpads make a wonderful, mess-free substitute for the paint in this activity.