construction paper in pink, red, purple, and blue
paint in white, pink, blue, purple, and red
sturdy metal 8” or 9” pie tins
damp paper towels
* Valentine’s Day is February 14th.
1. Cut pink, red, purple, and blue construction paper into 8” heart shapes.
2. Ask the children to put their heart shapes into the pie tins. Let them
choose the color of paint they want to start with.
3. Have them drop a marble into the paint. Then, with a spoon or their
fingers, they pick up the marble and drop it onto the heart shape in the
pie tin. Show the children how to tilt the pie tin to roll the marble
around, making colorful tracks.
4. When the marble has run out of paint, invite the children to choose
another color and repeat the marble-painting process.
More to do Blocks: Provide marbles in the block area for children to move through
chutes and down ramps.
Games: Play a variation of “Who’s Got the Button?” using a marble.
Math: Put a different amount of marbles in a jar each day and have
children guess the amount.