large easel paper
* March is National Nutrition Month.
1. Talk to the children about healthy foods and unhealthy foods. Tell them
about the food pyramid and the different food groups. Provide examples
of healthy and unhealthy foods.
2. Divide the large paper into two columns with the headings: “Healthy
Food” and “Unhealthy Food.”
3. Invite the children to cut out pictures of food out from old magazines
and glue them into the appropriate columns.
4. Discuss each food with the children.
5. If desired, make small copies of the chart and let the children put their
pictures on their own charts.