Map (mark the United States and Korea with a marker)
Pictures and other items about Korea (chopsticks, bowl, etc.)
Books about Korean folktales (see below)
1. Before the children arrive, decorate the room with a map, a flag of Korea, pictures
and traditional objects from Korea, and books of Korean folktales.
2. Talk about the location of the United States with the children by showing
them the map. Explain to the children that if they traveled for a long time,
they would arrive in a country called Korea. Show them Korea on the map.
3. Explain to the children that just like we have our songs and play, Korean children
also have their own songs and play.
4. Count with the children in Korean.
1 to il
2 to yee
3 to sam
4 to sa
5 to oh
6 to yuk
7 to chil
8 to pal
9 to gu
10 to ship
5. Draw a Korean-style hopscotch board and an American-style hopscotch