large piece of butcher paper
1. This is a great way to chart children’s growth throughout the year and teach
them about measuring.
2. Tape a large piece of butcher paper to the wall to make a growth chart.
3. Have each child stand with his back against the chart.
4. Mark the child’s height and write his name beside the mark using the same
5. Create a key in the corner with the date and the color of the marker (for
example, you might use a green marker in September, a brown marker in
November, and so on).
6. Encourage the children to use measuring tape to measure their height on the
7. Remeasure the children periodically so they can see how much they’ve grown
since the last time they were measured.