Creativity and imagination are higher-level skills, so it is critical that parents provide plenty of opportunities for young children to develop them! This cute, creative game from 125 Brain Games for Toddlers and Twos by Jackie Silberg is sure to help your toddlers and two-year-olds take a "step" in the right direction.
- Show your two-year-old how to take GIANT steps.
- Now show him how to take little, tiny fairy steps.
- Make up a story using these two characters, and each time you mention one of them, you and your child take either a giant step or a fairy step.
- Here is an idea to begin a story: Once upon a time there was a big giant who lived on a hill. He had many playmates, but his favorite was the teeny, tiny fairy...
- Make up the rest of the story!