10 boxes, all the same size
Bulletin board paper, in a variety of colors
Markers or crayons
Instructions:1. Discuss nutrition and the food pyramid.
2. Wrap the boxes with various colors of paper to represent the food groups. For example, use brown for the bread and cereal group.
3. Give the children white paper and markers or crayons and ask them to draw pictures of food.
4. Help the children cut out the pictures.
5. Encourage the children to glue the pictures on the boxes.
6. Help children build a food pyramid using the boxes.