various cut flowers and greens
spray glue (found at craft stores)
1. Let children pick fresh flowers and greens outside, or get them beforehand
from a grocery store. Many stores give old flowers to teachers for free.
2. Demonstrate to the children how to make a simple flower arrangement
using the flowers and a vase.
3. Next, demonstrate how to lightly spray the arrangement with spray glue.
4. The final step is the big surprise! Sprinkle the arrangement with glitter. It will
stick to the glue.
5. Encourage the children to make their own arrangements. Make sure they
don’t sprinkle too much glitter on the arrangement or the petals and leaves
6. When the arrangements are dry, take a picture of each child with his
arrangement. The flowers can be taken home and given to a loved one, as a
gift, while each child will still have a picture to brighten a dreary day.