- White felt, 1 yard (1 m)
- "Five Little Ducks" story
- Fold the piece of felt lengthwise to allow a double fold of fabric about 12" (30cm) wide.
- On the folded edge of the felt, trace a large "U" shape. Make it large enough so that when it is cut out, it will create a hole that will fit over a child's head.
- Trace a second "U" shape about 6" (15 cm) below the first "U" to create the bottom edge of the collar.
- Glue several feathers to the front of each of the six collars to create story characters for retelling "Five Little Ducks."
- Six children wear the storytelling collars and role play the song as the other children sing the song.
- Create other storytelling collars for retelling books and fingerplays. Use any felt or fabric pieces to create the characters. Decorate as needed.