Tennis racquets and balls
Paper and pen
1. Discuss with the children why it is important to stay fit, such as for health reasons
and to feel good.
2. Explain to the children that they will be participating in a fitness fair in their
3. Ahead of time, set up the fitness fair this way:
* Place a line of colored tape on the floor so the children can practice
balancing while walking forward and backward on the line.
* Provide tennis racquets and balls so the children can practice bouncing
the ball off the racquet (explain eye-hand coordination).
* Give the children jump ropes and see how many times the children
can jump using both feet without stopping; introduce Chinese jump
rope (explain how lots of sports utilize jumping skills).
* Practice running in a three-legged race.
* Set up an obstacle course where the children must run jump, kick, balance,
jump rope, bounce a ball, and so on.
4. After the children have completed the course, give each child a certificate.