Make your dad, grandpa, or your father figure smile this Father’s Day with this special handmade gift from 101 Great Gifts Kids Can Make. This easy and fun craft for preschoolers is perfect for Father's Day!
Car Visor Clip
Help your dad, grandpa or father figure keep his car organized.
- Clothespin—spring type
- Library pocket or small, sturdy mailing envelope
- Paint—various colors
- Cotton swabs or thin paint brushes
- Non Toxic permanent marker
- Prepare the frame cards by folding the card stock in half to create 8½” x 5½” cards. Cut a 3½” x 3½” square or circle in the center of the front of the card.
- Select your favorite photo with your dad, grandpa or father figure to use!
- Paint the clothespin and library pocket using the cotton swabs or thin paint brushes.
- After the paint dries, glue the library pocket to one side of the clothespin.
- Use the permanent market to personalize the clip by writing a title on the library pocket, such as “Dad’s Car Clip”.
- Include a note with the gift suggesting that the recipient clip it to the car visor and use the pocket for parking stubs or other receipts.
- The library pocket will last longer if it is laminated or covered with clear contact paper before attaching it to the clothespin.
- Glue does not adhere to laminate well, so use self-adhesive Velcro to attach the pocket to the clothespin.