What to do
1. To get the children's attention, say, "Do what I do." Do something that catches the children's attention, such as stomping your feet.
2. Then say, "Say what I say." Say something that gets their attention, such as "Yikes!"
3. Repeat the entire sequence.
4. Instruct the children to repeat the sequence with you.
5. Add commands to challenge the children to remember and follow several silly instructions. For example, say, "Do what I do," and stomp, clap, scratch your nose, and so on.
-Karyn F. Everham, Fort Myers, FL