ball or beanbag
1. Have the children line up at one end of the room.
2. At the command of “Crawl across,” children crawl across the room and form
3. Once all the children are standing on the opposite side of the room, pick up
the ball or beanbag and stand 3’ from the row of children.
4. With all the children facing you, toss the ball to the first person in line and say,
5. As the child catches the ball, she repeats the number and tosses it back to
6. Continue with the next child as you say “Two,” and toss the ball.
7. After the last child tosses the ball back to you, call out, “Crawl across,” and
repeat the activity.
More to do Have pairs of children toss a ball or beanbag back and forth and count to 10 or
20 on their own.