1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
4 tablespoons (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
One 19-ounce (580 ml) package of firm silken tofu, chilled and cubed
1. Bring dry soybeans to show children. Save them to use for a craft project.
2. Show the children the tofu and explain that it is made from soybeans.
3. Chop the tofu and add to the blender.
4. Add remaining ingredients and blend.
5. Perhaps you could also mix up a batch of regular instant pudding, using milk, for taste comparisons.
Explain to the children that some people do not eat any meat or animal products
and that soybeans are an extremely healthful alternative source of protein.
6. Fill the cups with the tasty treat and chill, or eat right away.