Looking for easy, cute DIY projects that you can actually use? Check out The Budding Artist! Use this activity with children to make your own wrapping paper that friends and family are sure to love!
Made-It-Myself Wrapping Paper
What You'll Need:
- Large sheets of white butcher paper
- Liquid tempera paint, a variety of colors
- Plastic cookie cutters in various shapes
- Styrofoam meat trays
What to Do:
- Pour just enough tempera paint in each tray to cover the bottom with a thin layer.
- Select the cookie cutters that you like, and put one in each tray.
- Get a piece of butcher paper. Print designs on the paper by dipping the cookie cutters in the paint and pressing them down on the paper. (You might want to print with the cookie cutter several times before returning it to the tray; otherwise, the prints could get blotchy and might smear.)
- Try printing with different cookie cutters and paint colors. You can arrange the prints in a pattern or opt for a random design.
- Repeat the process with more sheets of butcher paper. As you finish each sheet, move it to a safe location to dry.
- When the wrapping papers have dried completely, voila! You have wrapping paper for birthdays, holidays, and any other occasion.
Books to Pair With This Activity: