Two half-pint water bottles with lids, labels removed, per shaker
rolls of brightly colored curling ribbon or shredded gift basket filling
small pebbles, optional
Instructions:1. Stuff ribbon or basket filling into each bottle. Add small pebbles, if desired.
2. Cap each bottle tightly and place against each other, end-to-end.
3. Attach the bottles together by winding duct tape around both caps until sturdy, forming a "wand."
4. Give each child two shakers. Invite them to hold the shakers as one would hold exercise dumbbells.
5. Provide instructions such as, "Raise your shakers up high; bring them down low; hold one up and one down; bring them together in front of you; put them behind you; shake them high,
shake them low."
6. Play recorded music and invite the children to march using shakers as batons.