Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
plastic serving cups
chocolate cake icing
spearmint leaf gummy candy (or other leaf-shape candy)
small round chocolate candy, such as Almond Joy bites or malted milk balls
assorted cake-decorating icing (in tubes)
1. Beforehand, prepare portions of chocolate icing in individual serving cups.
Put a plastic knife next to each cup. Also put out four spearmint leaves and
two round chocolate candies per child. Put pretzel logs in an open container
for easy access.
2. Also, in advance, prepare rebus instruction cards for making the treat.
3. Read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Then model how to make this yummy
coconut tree treat.
4. Place one pretzel log on a paper plate.
5. Spread chocolate icing over the entire pretzel log.
6. Place four spearmint green leaves around the top sides and tip of the pretzel
7. Place the two chocolate candies at the top of the pretzel log, underneath the
spearmint leaves. These represent coconuts.
8. Let everyone enjoy the coconut trees during snack.