Small shatterproof mirrors
Paper plates, one for each child
Markers or crayons
Yarn in a variety of colors
Miscellaneous art supplies
1. At circle time, pass around some mirrors and ask the children to look at their
faces. Talk about eye color and hair color. Encourage them to smile in the
mirror and make different faces. Talk about how all of us are very special
2. Give each child a paper plate and a variety of art supplies. Ask them to draw
their faces on the plate.
3. They can use yarn to make hair and a mouth, and buttons for eyes and a
nose. But any way they want to create their face is fine.
4. Hang all of the paper plate faces in a circle on a bulletin board. In the middle
of the circle, write the words “Circle of Friends.”
5. Children love to see if they can guess which face belongs to which friend. It’s
also great at the beginning of the year or for Open House.