Pompoms, moveable eyes, yarn
1. Give each child an apple to eat. Ask them to nibble carefully around the core,
but keep the core in one piece.
2. Save the cores.
3. Put a Popsicle stick into the bottom of each apple core.
4. Encourage the children to make “apple people.” They can form a dress by
gluing a piece of scrap material around the stick.
5. Ask the children to glue yarn to the “head” to make hair and add moveable
eyes and pompom noses.
6. Allow the apple puppet to dry up. The dried puppet will keep for a while.