- pictures of animals
- computer or marker
- pocket chart
- Create a header card labeled "Animal Sounds" for the pocket chart with the instructions to "Match the animals to the sounds they make."
- Create two sets of cards. On one set put pictures of various animals with their names. On the second set print the sounds that those animals make.
What to Do
1. At circle or group time, place the header card in the top row of a pocket chart.
2. Help the children identify each animal card as you place it in the pocket chart. Ask the children to make the sounds on the cards after you name the sounds.
Consider the following:
- How actively do the children participate in the activity?
- Are the children able to correctly match the sound with the animal?
-Jackie Wright, Enid, OK