animal-shaped cookie cutters
oven (for adult use only)
Instructions:* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
What to Do
1. Give each child a large flour tortilla and a variety of animal cookie-cutter
shapes. Help those children who have difficulty with this step.
2. Ask them to cut out different
animal shapes, identifying the
animals as they go. If they
already know their animal
names well, challenge them
to classify the animals as
reptiles, amphibians, birds,
3. Lightly coat a cookie sheet
with the cooking spray and
place a single layer of animalshaped
tortillas onto the sheet.
Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy
with a little salsa!
Consider the following:
* Can the children name the animal shapes of their tortillas?
* Can the children classify the animals into reptiles, amphibians, birds, or