pairs of wooden numerals (0 to 9)
heavy duty rubber bands (2 per shoebox)
1. Cut a 3” circle out of the center of the lid of each shoebox.
2. Put two pairs of wooden numerals into each shoebox, for example, a pair of
twos and a pair of threes.
3. Put the lids on the shoeboxes. Secure with two rubber bands.
4. Instruct the children to put one hand into the box (without looking) and
touch the wooden numerals.
5. Challenge the child to match and remove each pair of numerals using their
sense of touch only.