- White paper
- Tissue paper, assorted colors
- Paper clips
What to do
1. Tell the children they are going to make raindrop catchers.
2. Give each child one sheet of white paper and one sheet of colored tissue paper the same size. Have the children place the tissue paper on top of the white paper. Secure it with four paper clips, one on each side.
3. The next time there is a sprinkle of rain (not a downpour!), have the children take their rain catchers outside and catch some raindrops on their papers. Only a few raindrops are needed; papers should not get soaked.
4. Then, lay them out in your room to dry. Remove the clips and tissue paper. Pretty drops of color should appear on the white paper as the color leaches through.
-Jodi Sykes, Lake Worth, FL