White construction paper
Crayons or markers
1. Three times during the year (beginning, middle, and end), ask each child to
draw a self-portrait using paper and crayons or markers. Save these pictures
for the book.
2. Using a piece of paper for each child, draw a graph. Mark the months at the
top and write various categories down the side.
3. Each month, ask each child what his favorite in each category is and record it
on the paper.
4. At the end of the year, make a book about the child. Put the self-portraits in
order and the graph page last.
5. Children can make a cover page and title it, “This is Me!”
6. Staple the pages together.
More to do
Take photographs of each child throughout the year, both in the room and outside
as they do different things. Add a page or two of photographs to the book to
show them in action and how they have grown and changed.