Looking for things to do on Presidents’ Day? President’s Day crafts are a great way for teachers to not only share facts about Presidents’ Day and what is celebrated, but to find out what their little learners know about what a president is and what they do!
Here’s a fun craft from the GIANT Encyclopedia of Preschool Activities for 3-Year-Olds that you can use in your classroom to make Presidents’ Day 2017 a success!
Presidents’ Day Hats
- 12” x 18” (30 cm x 45 cm) white construction paper, two pieces per child
- Red and blue crayons, markers, or paint
- American flag, optional
What to Do:
1. Give each child two pieces of white construction paper.
2. Demonstrate how to put the two pieces of paper together and fold them as if making a newspaper hat.
3. When the children have done this (with adult help), help them staple the papers together at both ends to hold the hat together.
4. Encourage the children to decorate their hats using red and blue crayons, markers, or paint. This is a good time to show them the American flag and talk about the colors in the flag. Ask if anyone knows the name of our president.
5. After the children finish their hats, have a parade using rhythm band instruments.