Looking for things to do on Presidents’ Day? President’s Day crafts are a great way for teachers to not only share facts about Presidents’ Day and what is celebrated, but to find out what their little learners know about what a president is and what they do!
Here’s a fun craft from the GIANT Encyclopedia of Preschool Activities for 3-Year-Olds that you can use in your classroom to make Presidents’ Day 2017 a success!
Presidents’ Day Hats
- 12” x 18” (30 cm x 45 cm) white construction paper, two pieces per child
- Red and blue crayons, markers, or paint
- American flag, optional
What to Do:
- Give each child two pieces of white construction paper.
- Demonstrate how to put the two pieces of paper together and fold them as if making a newspaper hat.
- When the children have done this (with adult help), help them staple the papers together at both ends to hold the hat together.
- Encourage the children to decorate their hats using red and blue crayons, markers, or paint. This is a good time to show them the American flag and talk about the colors in the flag. Ask if anyone knows the name of our president.
- After the children finish their hats, have a parade using rhythm band instruments.