2 paint stirrers
red and green poster board
heavy duty stapler
scissors (adult only)
1. Create large Stop and Go signs by cutting out a large circle from green
poster board and a large circle from red poster board.
2. Using large letters, write “STOP” on both sides of the red circle and “GO”
on both sides of the green circle.
3. Staple each sign to a paint stir stick.
4. At outdoor play time, provide riding vehicles and wagons for the
children to use. Stand with the Stop and Go signs in the location where
“accidents” are most likely to occur.
5. Regulate the children’s movement using the Stop and Go signs.