- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Pencils, crayons, and markers
- In the shoe store center, ask the children to remove their shoes.
- Help each child trace her foot onto a piece of construction paper the same color as the child's shoe.
- Ask the children to cut out their traced shoe patterns and decorate them to look like their shoe.
- Spread out all of the paper shoes on the floor. Encourage the children to group the shoes according to color, style, and so on.
- Laminate the paper shoes, and tape them to the floor to make a pathway across the room.