Ball or beanbag
1. Ask the children to sit in a circle. Explain the directions.
2. The children carefully toss or roll the ball or beanbag around the circle to
whoever they wish.
3. Before the child holding the ball or beanbag passes it, she must name the
person to whom she will pass the ball.
4. The game continues until all the children are given an opportunity to
participate. An adult should remain in the circle in order to facilitate
5. If desired, add an additional step. The children can add a distinguishing
characteristic or name an item of clothing on the child to whom they will pass
the ball after they have said their name. This could be performed as a second
time around the circle. For example, “I’m throwing to Sam who’s wearing