Sand and water table or kitty litter-size tubs
Variety of items (see below)
1. Instead of adding water and sand to the water and sand table, try adding
some of the following fun things:
* Ice cubes
* Popcorn (un-popped)
* Shaving cream
* Styrofoam packing pieces
* Wet sand
2. Depending on your current theme, you can turn the sand and water table
into an ocean, a pond, a baby doll bath tub, an arctic zone, a dinosaur
landscape, and so on. Just use your imagination, or ask the children for their
3. Following are some other ways to extend sand and water play:
* Add bubbles to the water.
* Add a drop of food coloring.
* Bring out doll babies and sponges.
* Wash dishes.
* Add different sizes of plastic boats.
* Add fish and other sea life, shells, and sand.
* Add pond life, such as plastic frogs, lily pads, fishnets, and so on.
Sand and other ingredients:
* Add scooping cups and containers.
* Add cars and trucks.
* Add plastic wild and farm animals.