1. Read Inch by Inch to the children.
2. Have the children take worms from the small bucket and sort them by sizes
into the corresponding size pail.
3. They can use the ruler or tape measure to measure the worms.
1. Read Caps for Sale to the class.
2. Ask families to bring caps to the classroom.
3. Invite a parent to come to class and act out the part of the peddler while you
tell the story again. As you tell the story, invite the children to place hats on
their parents’ heads.
4. Ask the children questions. “How many checked hats did the peddler have?”
“How many are red? Blue? Brown? Gray?” “Which is more, one or a bunch?”