Baby food jars, one for each child
Knife (adult only)
1. Discuss with the children the different kinds of apples and ask them to bring
in their favorite type of apple from home.
2. Help the children spread newspaper over the table on which they will be
3. Give the children folder labels and help them write their names on them.
4. Give each child a jar. Encourage him to put his folder label on it and decorate
it with apple-shaped stickers.
5. Peel, core, and slice the apples into pieces (adult only).
6. Help the children follow a handwritten recipe for blender applesauce.
7. Pour a small amount of applesauce into each child’s jar to take home.