- Props for each month of the year (see activity)
What to do
1. Collect props for each month of the year. For example:
- September apples
- October witch hats
- November pilgrim hats or American Indian wear
- December Santa beard and hat
- January snowflake mask
- February Cupid sash
- March leprechaun hat
- April umbrella and galoshes
- May flower mask
2. During circle time, the helper for the day wears the appropriate props and uses the pointer to do the calendar and other preparations for the day.
3. This continues until all the children have had a turn to be helper.
-Lisa Chinshester, Parkersburg, WV