If your family is like most, dinnertime is one of the few chances you have to be together. Whether you want to have an inspiring discussion of values, hold a spirited debate on ethics, or host a laugh-out-loud family reunion, Around the Family Table gives you 365 opportunities to make the most of the family dinner hour!
A few mealtime conversation starters:
- Emily Dickinson said, “We turn no older with years, but newer every day.” In what ways do you feel “newer” than you did a year ago? In what ways do you feel older?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition and why?
- There is no such thing as a self-made man. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us or spoken a word of encouragement to us has entered into the makeup of our thoughts as well as our successes. Name five people who have had the most to do with helping you become who you are.
- You are stranded on an elevator. A voice comes over the loudspeaker and tells you that it will be two hours before the elevator will be fixed. There is a deaf man on the elevator with you. You do no know sign language and do not have a pen or paper. How do you manage to communicate this message to the deaf man?
- You are given a map to find a treasure. Inside the box is any treasure you want it to be. What would you endure to find the box? What is inside?