digital or 35-mm camera
yarn or string
1. Take a photo of each child in the class. Develop or print the photos.
2. Tape each child’s photo to the center top of a piece of cardstock paper.
Under the photo, print, “Hello! My name is ____________.” Give each child
3. Ask the children to print their names in the blank.
4. Next print, “I am __________ years old.” Have each child print her age in the
5. Finally, print, “I like to ____________.”
6. Ask each child to dictate something she likes to do. Help the child to print
her words in the blank.
7. Create a cover and bind the pages together into a book. Read and enjoy!
8. Let the children take turns taking the book home to share with their families.
9. Use a copier to make a black and white copy of the book for each child to
10. If desired, make a “Hello” poster for each child to post around the room.
Simply make a duplicate of the child’s page in the book and hang it up for all