tagboard for header card
die-cut fish (one for each child)
1. Prepare a header card for the pocket chart with the question “Have you
ever caught a fish?” Draw a picture of a child fishing and put “Yes” on one
side and “No” on the other to form two columns.
2. Print each child’s name on a separate die-cut fish shape.
3. Place the header card in the pocket chart and ask each child, in turn, to
4. Have them place their fish shapes in the appropriate column to indicate
5. Have the children count the total in each column and discuss the results.