Green construction paper
Small scraps of wallpaper or gift wrap
What to do
1. Beforehand, cut a circle in the middle of each plate big enough for the child’s eyes, nose, and
2. Invite the children to paint the rest of the plate, encouraging them to use more than one color.
3. While the paint is drying, help the children cut leaf shapes from green paper and glue them to
the Popsicle stick.
4. When the mask is dry, let the children attach snips of flowery wallpaper and gift wrapping
5. Help the children glue their mask to the stick.
More to do
More art: Paint the children’s faces to complement their mask.
Movement: Play music and invite the children to wear their masks and move as if they were flowers
growing from seeds.