Enhance ordinary candles with melted crayons to create a beautiful gift for loved ones this holiday season!
- Candles, solid color, any size
- Warming tray
- Old muffin tin
- Long cotton swabs
- Old crayons
Make Your Great Gift!
- Remove paper from old crayons, and sort them by color.
- Sort crayons into a muffin tin.
- Place the muffin tin on the warming tray. Plug in, and heat to liquefy the crayons (adults only).
- Use cotton swabs to decorate the candles by dipping the swabs into melted crayon and then brushing them quickly on the candle.
- Before using the warming tray, discuss safety precautions: Avoid touching the warming tray, muffin tin, and liquid crayons.
- Crayon melters can be used instead of a muffin tin and warming tray.
- Put paper muffin liners in the muffin tin before melting crayons, to make cleanup easier.
- Use glitter crayons to decorate candles for winter holidays.
- Create a Thanksgiving centerpiece candle using browns, berry colors, and other dark-colored crayons.