Traffic Jam Books
- pictures of cars, trucks, and trains
- scissors (adults only)
- poster board
- zipper-closure plastic bags
- glue or tape
- hole punch
- Cut out pictures of cars, trucks, and trains.
- Cut poster board to fit into the plastic bags.
- Glue or tape pictures to the pieces of poster board.
- Label each vehicle using lowercase print.
- Place each picture into its own resealable plastic bag.
- Punch holes both on the left side and the right side of each bag, and then thread short lengths of yarn through the holes.
- Tie the yarn to create an end-to-end traffic jam book.
- Use different sizes of plastic bags to create small and large books.
- Talk about the vehicles as you look at the book with the children.
- Add to the book as the children learn about different vehicles when you read other books.