- construction paper
- scissors (adults only)
- zipper-closure plastic bags
- photos or magazine pictures
- hole punch
- Cut construction paper to fit inside the resealable bags.
- Glue photos or magazine pictures onto the construction paper pieces.
- Insert each picture into a resealable plastic bag and seal it.
- Put several of these together, punch holes in the sides, and fasten them together with short lengths of ribbon on the zippered side.
- Read print books and look at picture books with the children every day.
Note from the Authors
Baggie books are an inexpensive way to provide the large number of books needed in the classroom.Meet young children's need for novelty by adding books frequently.