Ride a Cock Horse
- Recite the poem "Ride a Cock Horse" to your two-year-old. Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross, To see a fine lady upon a white horse. Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, Sheshall have music wherever she goes.
- As you recite the poem, pretend to ride around the room on a horse. If you have a stick horse, that would add to the fun.
- Next time, ask your child to ride his horse with you. On the words "She shall have music wherever she goes," ride your horses to a different room.
- When you get to the new room, sing one of your favorite songs.
- "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"
- "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
- "The Wheels on the Bus"
- Keep repeating the poem, and each time, ride to a new place and "have music wherever you go."