- Show your two-year-old pictures of a fish, a bird, and a caterpillar.
- Talk about how each of these animals moves. A fish swims, a bird flies, and a caterpillar crawls.
- Pretend you are swimming like a fish.
- Pretend you are flying like a bird.
- Pretend you are crawling like a caterpillar.
- Recite the following rhyme and perform the actions.
Swim, little fish, in water clear,
Fly, little bird, up in the air,
Creep, little caterpillar, creep, creep,
Sleep, little children, sleep, sleep. (close your eyes and pretend to be sleeping)