- Variety of hard cheeses (some in foil-wrapped packages), cottage cheese, cutting board and knife, small bowls or cups, spoons, napkins, fruit or fruit juice
Note: Check for food allergies before offering cheese to taste.
- Mention that Big City Mouse and Small Town Mouse enjoyed different cheeses. Ask the listeners which kinds of cheese each mouse liked.
- If possible, allow the listeners to examine cheese sampler packages, which are wrapped in foil.
- Everyone can taste the hard cheeses and the cottage cheese. Cut the chesses into small nibble-sized versions, much like the mice would eat. Put the cottage cheese in small bowls or cups. Makesure the children know the names of the cheeses.
- Provide slices of fruit or fruit to accompany the tasting party.