Shoes for Fun
- Take several pairs of shoes that belong to members of your family and put them together in a pile on the floor.
- As you put the shoes down, tell your toddler whose they are.
- He will recognize his own shoes and will probably respond when he sees them.
- Now play the game by asking your child to bring you a particular pair of shoes. "Please bring me daddy's shoes."
- If he doesn't understand, go over to the pile and pick up one of daddy's shoes.
- Not only does this game develop thinking skills, but it also is a hands-on experience in size comparison.