- Toddlers love to tear paper. It makes them feel powerful because they can control what is happening to the paper.
- Give your toddler some pages from a used magazine with interest-ing pictures in it.
- Talk about the pictures and then suggest to your toddler to tear the paper. He may even start tearing before you suggest it.
- When the paper is torn into pieces, pick them up and put them in a container.
- Say to your child, "Here comes the rain." Turn the container over and let the paper "rain" fall out.
- As the rain is falling, sing the song, "Rain, Rain, Go Away."
- Pick up the paper and start again. Your toddler will love this game and want to play it over and over.