Finger and Toe Copy Game
- Play this game with your toddler and at least one other person.
- Choose one person to be the leader. Everyone sits opposite the leader, including you with your child on your lap.
- The leader's job is to perform a simple action with his fingers or toes that everyone else can imitate.
- As everyone imitates the leader, encourage your toddler to do so, too.
- Name the person you are imitating: "Daddy is wiggling his finger" or "Susie is wiggling her finger."
- Guide your toddler through the actions until he can perform them alone.
- Using fingers or toes, try wiggling, rolling them in a circular motion, moving them in a grasping motion, shaking or holding them stiff, then relaxing and hitting them together.