Button and Band-Aid Collage (Small)
- poster board
- Exacto knife (adult only)
- glue or paste
- various sizes and shapes of buttons and Band-Aids
The Creative Process
- Measure a 9" x 6" rectangle on the poster board.
- Draw a letter "B", touching all sides of the rectangle.
- Cut out the letter using an Exacto knife (adult only). Be sure to cut out the inside sections of the letter "B" also.
- Repeat this process to make one for each child.
- Demonstrate how to glue or paste the buttons and/or Band-Aids onto the letter.
- Encourage children's creativity. Some children may select certain types of buttons for their collage; some may have overlapping buttons. Let each Button
- Collage remain unique.
- When the collages are complete, set them aside to dry.