An Army of Ants
- thick cardboard
- red checked tablecloth
- masking tape
- fine-tip markers
The Creative Process
- Cut the cardboard into 8" x 8" squares, one for each child.
- Cut out pieces of the tablecloth to cover one side of each cardboard square. Tape each piece to a cardboard square with the masking tape.
- Draw a block-style letter "A" on each tablecloth-covered square.
- Demonstrate how to create ants by pressing your finger into the inkpad, and then pressing it onto the tablecloth. Place two prints beside each other, touching. Add legs and antennae with themarker.
- Encourage the children to place ants all over their tablecloth.