It's never to early (or late) to go green! Teach your little learners about environmental responsibility with this ABC group craft. This simple activity from Learn Every Day About our Green Earth encourages responsible treatment of the environment while providing a fun classroom game to fill any afternoon. With multiple additional project suggestions, this activity is perfect for any budding environmentalist!
- poster board
What to Do:
1. Make a large poster that has an A to Z list of ideas for how to help the Earth. Here are some examples:
- Bicycle instead of using a car.
- Don't run the water when brushing your teeth.
- Eat organic foods.
- Feed the birds.
- Grow a flower or vegetable garden.
- Plant a tree.
- Quit wasting food.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Turn off the lights.
- Use paper on both sides.
2. As you teach each letter, introduce a green idea, a green project, and sing the following song:
Whole World Green by Kathy Stemke (Tune: "Mary Had a Little Lamb")
I will make my whole world green, I will make my whole world green.
Whole world green, whole world green, G-R-E-E-N, green!
3. The following are some examples of green ideas and green projects. Challenge the children to think of some of their own:
- Feed the birds: Make a bird feeder.
- Grow a garden: Make a tin-can herb garden.
- Hold on to helium balloons: Make a helium balloon craft.
- Join your friends to clean up your neighborhood: Make a trash monster.
- Plant a tree: Make a thankful tree.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Use old ice cream containers as building blocks.
- Visit a recycling center: Become a human recycling machine.