Gryphon House Careers
At Gryphon House, we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our diverse team is customer-focused and passionate about our mission to help early childhood educators and parents understand and successfully apply today’s theories and strategies of early education.
For more information about this opportunity, or to apply, please send resume and statement of interest to Heidi Patterson at email@example.com.
The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work which demonstrates their passion for illustrative design and typography. This candidate will have experiences in working with numerous different design platforms such as digital and print forms.
Please note, this is a full-time, in-house position — we are not looking for additional freelance support at this time.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs across various media outlets
- Interpret brand, style and content guidelines into clean, compelling layouts.
- Present new, creative ideas
- Create synergy among visual, copy and positioning solutions
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to problem-solve and handle pressure well in a deadline-driven environment with frequent rush assignments, without sacrificing quality
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
- Effectively cope with change and multitasking and the ability to switch direction rapidly as priorities change
- Bachelors or Associate's degree in Graphic Design or its equivalent
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Acrobat)
- At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Must be Mac proficient
- Skillful knowledge in core graphic design principles (typography, color, layout, composition, etc.)
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills and design skills
- Portfolio of work
Marketing & Sales Intern - Fall 2020
For more information about this opportunity, or to apply, please send resume and statement of interest to Ashleigh Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The candidate will support and execute the overarching sales and marketing strategy for Gryphon House, Inc. and our affiliated businesses – namely ExtendED Notes and Kaplan Early Learning Company’s Curriculum Assessment and Professional Development brands – to establish our company as the number one resource for early childhood education needs. The marketing intern will support all members of the marketing team and will report to the Digital Marketing and Brand Strategist.
- Content Marketing – Draft blog post content to align with overarching content plan and cadence, develop creative assets, post content to website.
- Event Planning – Support trade shipment coordination.
- Community Management – Support social media content planning and execution across social channels.
- Public Relations –Research resources to expand awareness of Gryphon House, its authors and its affiliated brands and products; develop media list with traditional and digital education-focused media; Identify local and national pitching opportunities; assemble direct mail kits.
Working toward a degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field. Marketing experience preferred.
- Isn’t afraid to bring new ideas to the table
- Enjoys working in a scrappy, start-up minded and uber-collaborative environment
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple deadlines
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills, both in-person, and over digital medium
Note: These job descriptions are subject to change at any time and does not restrict the company’s right to assign or reassign duties/responsibilities.